mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Update failed 9 times for me. Did all the things mentioned here. Side note, does anyone know the part number for the stupid clips that hold down all the nonsense around the 12V battery? They didn’t break but I figure it’s just a matter of time. Car is a lease so I don’t want to drill any holes or make modifications
IMG_2872.jpeg
That Noco might not be sufficient.

I know I already posted this, but I think following Lee's LVB reconditioning process is the way to go. Get a power supply that you can use to recondition the LVB as he described, and I bet the problem will be solved.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Update failed 9 times for me. Did all the things mentioned here. Side note, does anyone know the part number for the stupid clips that hold down all the nonsense around the 12V battery? They didn’t break but I figure it’s just a matter of time. Car is a lease so I don’t want to drill any holes or make modifications
IMG_2872.jpeg
Hey there, Marc! Can you please send us a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this power up update concerns for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select (lease ended) Now 2023 GTPE
Country flag
That Noco might not be sufficient.

I know I already posted this, but I think following Lee's LVB reconditioning process is the way to go. Get a power supply that you can use to recondition the LVB as he described, and I bet the problem will be solved.
Thanks, the Noco does have a reconditioning setting. It also charged the battery up pretty quick though I doubt it was that low to begin with.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That data was taken when my car was basicly at 100% SoCD. It was just finishing up the charge. I posted it to share what I saw at the end of a 100% charge. If others are seeing a LVB SoC of much lower at the same point in a charge cycle, I would be concerned and maybe the LVB needs to be reconditioned.
That would be good if it is charging the lead acid battery to 100% now (over 90 is good). Comes on and charges it up just before updating would be cool. At least if plugged.

I think it would be easier to tell people to plug it in for updates over rip out panel covers and charge the LVB, putting miles on it or leave it on to force it to look after itself.

Not a huge deal since I have no need to jump hoops to update a car. As long as it has enough juice to boot I am good. If I get really desperate I have clip ports drilled through the covers and a 12V charger in the frunk. I can see those having version 2.7.1 across the pond getting frustrated but all is working OK here right now and better on the 4.2's. Have no idea if it will get confused again. All I use is working good enough right now for me (USBC hardwired carplay now and calling uncle, working remote departure scheduling would be a bonus). Now I said it all is working OK something is going to pop up. ;)

valeriol

First Name
Valerio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RW
Country flag
My update finally succeeded. Charged to 100%, drove to 12%, charged again to 100% and update worked. Must say that installation succeeded while plugged into charger, so don't know if that's what did it, or it was the charge-drive-charge sequence.

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I got 4.2.6 a couple of days ago and agree the braking is much smoother than before, I'm really happy with the new curve.

After a drive earlier, I put it in park with the windows down for the first time since getting 4.2.6, and noticed that the parking break seems to engage to some extent immediately when putting it in normal park. It doesn't show the red BRAKE icon in this mode. Pulling the parking break button up now results in a smaller final short *click*, and the red BRAKE lights up. I like the change - assuming I'm not imaging things, and it wasn't always this way - but this makes sure there is no roll whatsoever when putting it in normal park. Going from P to D disengages the lite park brake immediately.
I thought maybe something was wrong with mine when I heard the parking brake engage when knob was turned to P. That click sound was scary.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
My Chargepoint Homeflex has an issue where it will not charge the Mache. The light on the unit is green. I plug it in and there are no faults. It just doesn't initiate the charge. I do not have any schedules set in the app or in the car. I tried removing the charger from my account multiple times.
My Ford Level 1 charger works, and I also used other Chargepoint destination Level 2 chargers just fine. I updated my Android app today and re-added the home charger and it still isn't working. This is a POS

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My Chargepoint Homeflex has an issue where it will not charge the Mache. The light on the unit is green. I plug it in and there are no faults. It just doesn't initiate the charge. I do not have any schedules set in the app or in the car. I tried removing the charger from my account multiple times.
My Ford Level 1 charger works, and I also used other Chargepoint destination Level 2 chargers just fine. I updated my Android app today and re-added the home charger and it still isn't working. This is a POS
See: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/widespread-chargepoint-evse-issues.28652/

Even though you don't have any schedules set, I would try double plugging. If that doesn't work, call ChargePoint.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Was stuck on 4.2.3 for several months. Left the car plugged into a L1 charger for a week while I was on a camping trip. It grabbed its update for 4.2.4 while we were gone. When we got home, we took it to run some errands and it grabbed the 4.2.5 update and updated last night. Then it grabbed the 4.2.6 update today. Whatever had stopped it up for my Mustang seems to have cleared.

Mach-E21

First Name
Hideki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021
Country flag
4.2.6 update failed installing for last 4 weeks. All conditions met yet failed over 26 times.
Previously, as suggested, I drove over 300, 600, and 1000 miles to see if it would install after driving distances (each time, charge up to 100%). But failed.
Driving long distance seemingly did not matter.
Yesterday, this happened ...
Pressed to update from Software update window.
While Update timer shows up, pressed “cancel”. It took good 6 minutes to cancel installation process as I had to get back to work- left MME in the parking lot.
About 3 hours later, I returned to MME, I saw the update installation was completed. FYI, MME main battery was at 43%.
Maybe it was coincident?!?!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
4.2.6 update failed installing for last 4 weeks. All conditions met yet failed over 26 times.
Previously, as suggested, I drove over 300, 600, and 1000 miles to see if it would install after driving distances (each time, charge up to 100%). But failed.
Driving long distance seemingly did not matter.
Yesterday, this happened ...
Pressed to update from Software update window.
While Update timer shows up, pressed “cancel”. It took good 6 minutes to cancel installation process as I had to get back to work- left MME in the parking lot.
About 3 hours later, I returned to MME, I saw the update installation was completed. FYI, MME main battery was at 43%.
Maybe it was coincident?!?!
FYI what happened was you cancelled 4.2.6 installation, so the next OTA waiting in line (21B36/PAAK update) installed instead. 4.2.6 did not actually install yet.

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is there a way I can tell if I have received 4.2.6? For the past month, it has been failing to install each night, and then yesterday rather than being told for the 30th time or so that 4.2.6 would be installed at 1 am, instead my screen said that 21B36 would be installed instead. That update went through last night.

I no longer see any mention of 4.2.6 being scheduled, but I've never had any notification that it has gone through. This is somewhat similar to MachE21's post above, but as far as I know, I never cancelled 4.2.6.

Wideguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I received 4.2.5 on 5/12 then 23-PU0415-BLM-VIS on 6/16 and then 23-PU0314-DCM-LAT on 7/16. I have not received any notices about 4.2.6. Is there a way to see if I received 4.2.6?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Is there a way I can tell if I have received 4.2.6? For the past month, it has been failing to install each night, and then yesterday rather than being told for the 30th time or so that 4.2.6 would be installed at 1 am, instead my screen said that 21B36 would be installed instead. That update went through last night.

I no longer see any mention of 4.2.6 being scheduled, but I've never had any notification that it has gone through. This is somewhat similar to MachE21's post above, but as far as I know, I never cancelled 4.2.6.
4.2.6 probably expired if it’s been two weeks of trying, so then it moved on to the next OTA.

lolstebbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Prius v
Country flag
4.2.6 probably expired if it’s been two weeks of trying, so then it moved on to the next OTA.
My car's been trying to install it for the last two months, and it still keeps trying and failing.

I've tried driving 30 minutes, I've tried driving 40 minutes, I've tried leaving it plugged in, it's getting really frustrating.
Sponsored