Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I got 4.2.1 on March 8th and 4.2.2 today. One thing I noticed is I did not drive the car on the 9th to the 11th of March. No update today until I came back from driving to the store.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I got 4.2.1 on March 8th and 4.2.2 today. One thing I noticed is I did not drive the car on the 9th to the 11th of March. No update today until I came back from driving to the store.
My big updates almost always come when I go into town. Where the AT&T towers are in line of sight.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Pretty much the car needs to be out and about to start a download or queue up an update.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Pretty much the car needs to be out and about to start a download or queue up an update.
Bit of a bummer that it sits for so long and does nothing and then as soon as you want to use it it updates at your first stop and buggers things up while in use distracting you from what you should be doing. Think that is why we set an update schedule and connect the car to wi-fi ;). Should not be on this thread only on 3.6.1 here and as normal one of the have nots. Possibly I do not drive around enough in search of updates ;).

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I've found disabling the Wi-Fi connection and using only cellular to enable my OTA updates seems to push more OTA updates since I drive this vehicle so little and I have an AT&T LTE booster near by that's plugged into my home network. Either way, after I made this Wi-Fi change, I've now received multiple updates in a row. It all of course could be coincidence.

And then, there's the random cellular connection stopping randomly issue...haha this game is nearly impossible to "win."

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've found disabling the Wi-Fi connection and using only cellular to enable my OTA updates seems to push more OTA updates since I drive this vehicle so little and I have an AT&T LTE booster near by that's plugged into my home network. Either way, after I made this Wi-Fi change, I've now received multiple updates in a row. It all of course could be coincidence.

And then, there's the random cellular connection stopping randomly issue...haha this game is nearly impossible to "win."
We have no AT&T up here which may be part of the problem also.

I get absolutely no (very little) transmissions through Wi-Fi from either connection of the MME. So I guess shutting it off can not hurt and worth a try. Not sure how it would interfere and maybe coincidence? I think you can come to the conclusion wi-fi is not required since it is not used to date. Change the wi-fi password and confuse it a bit ;) Here is February similar to any other month.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-Up 4.2.2 Feb.PNG

Unfortunately that schedule only applies an already downloaded inhibit update.
Yep appears that is the way it works unfortunately. Should be for all updates. Download it whenever the car is out but install it at my time. The one that waited and showed an icon was great. Guess turning auto updates off would do that but that is taboo also if you are still looking for fixes and want it to work. 🤷‍♂️

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Yep appears that is the way it works unfortunately. Should be for all updates.
I love the rolling updates! I usually know it’s coming by looking at the OTA status JSON on ford’s site.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
At least you know when to drive in search. That is still working for you? Does not come up here on my car page anymore?
I haven’t checked in a few weeks, but it was working back in February

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag