leeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
While we were in Detroit, Ford let us drive a Mach-E with BlueCruise 1.3 on it. It was only a short drive (less than 20 minutes), so it was hard to really judge it, but it seemed really smooth.

For many of us that have 1.0, new features in BlueCruise 1.2 include Lane Change Assist and In-Lane Repositioning. What changes in BlueCruise 1.3? No new features, but it disengages a lot less. That's really hard to test in a short drive, but the Ford rep said that is a huge difference in 1.3.

We didn't get any new details on the rollout other than it was coming soon.

So you're gonna let a computer decide when it's safe to change planes and it's funny how they make all this effort to spend time with people that are basically passing incorrect information along such as these video loggers with these cars and I can tell you a number of videos especially from this group here that have been nothing more than fluff pieces that provide no useful information it's getting sad out there.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
So you're gonna let a computer decide when it's safe to change planes and it's funny how they make all this effort to spend time with people that are basically passing incorrect information along such as these video loggers with these cars and I can tell you a number of videos especially from this group here that have been nothing more than fluff pieces that provide no useful information it's getting sad out there.
Huh?

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I have asked the dealer several times to make sure I had the latest. Where do you look to find the level you have?
Most dealers are not going perform updates because you requested them. Dealers don’t get paid for performing updates unless a repair requires one. Otherwise, as far as I can tell, you're on your own. That's why plenty of us have learned how to do our own updates.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Most dealers are not going perform updates because you requested them. Dealers don’t get paid for performing updates unless a repair requires one. Otherwise, as far as I can tell, you're on your own. That's why plenty of us have learned how to do our own updates.
The question he was answering was about how to determine which version of software they were on. Dealer participation in updating cars outside of CSPs is another story altogether.

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
The question he was answering was about how to determine which version of software they were on. Dealer participation in updating cars outside of CSPs is another story altogether.
It was meant for @Dzrhino, who said he told his dealer he wanted all the latest updates. I've updated my post to clarify!

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
How do you know which Blue Cruise release you are on?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Fun fact: when an AED is used, a computer decides if you need to be shocked. Do you wear a medic alert informing people not to use an AED on you? 😀

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
How do you know which Blue Cruise release you are on?
Since you have a 22, the default is BlueCruise 1.0. Early 23s got 1.2 and Later 23s and 24s got 1.3. BlueCruise 1.2+ has In-Lane repositioning and Lane Change Assist.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise 1.3 First Drive 20240406_190748

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Since you have a 22, the default is BlueCruise 1.0. Early 23s got 1.2 and Later 23s and 24s got 1.3. BlueCruise 1.2+ has In-Lane repositioning and Lane Change Assist.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise 1.3 First Drive 20240406_190748
So we (those of us who have 2021 and 2022 models) will not get 1.2 or 1.3 Blue Cruise? Even though it was promised that we would get all "updates" to Blue Cruise.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
So we (those of us who have 2021 and 2022 models) will not get 1.2 or 1.3 Blue Cruise? Even though it was promised that we would get all "updates" to Blue Cruise.
They changed it to 1.4 and we'll get it sometime soon(TM).

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag