Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
And it’s already shipping on new deliveries

I think the delay is on certification by their entire eco system of doing a massive OTA and making sure they don’t start bricking update processes again
I believe there are a couple of things at play:
  1. They’re still working on leveling up as many cars as possible before rolling BC 1.3 out. This is why ‘21’s received PowerUp 5.1.1 first. It addressed @Jimpra , I mean Frunk buttons, etc. Then they started rolling out to ‘22’s and ‘23’s. There’s probably a % goal for 5.1.1 updates that they need to active. Doing this simplifies their ongoing OTA program and gets new features, etc. to more people faster.
  2. We’ve seen some updated SYNC screenshots online. Version changes on consumer facing software (4.x to 5.x) generally include visible user interface updates. These updates are probably coming too.
I think they’re planning a larger rollout that includes SYNC updates and BC 1.3.
Call it PowerUp 5.2 or 5.3, maybe.

That said, they’re probably running a bit behind on these things. But I think it bodes well that ‘22’s and ‘23’s are now getting 5.1.1.
Sponsored

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
... But I think it bodes well that ‘22’s and ‘23’s are now getting 5.1.1.
Are there '23s that got 5.1.1? I haven't seen that reported here.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Are there '23s that got 5.1.1? I haven't seen that reported here.
I thought I had seen some, but I may be mistaken.
Still, the points stand. Ford is trying to level up all the cars to streamline development, and streamline releases.
If ‘23’s haven’t received 5.1.1 yet, they may not since, I believe they already have BC 1.3. Their level up may be when they release 5.2 or 5.3 etc.

bigredx86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E Premium STD AWD
Country flag
I thought I had seen some, but I may be mistaken.
Still, the points stand. Ford is trying to level up all the cars to streamline development, and streamline releases.
If ‘23’s haven’t received 5.1.1 yet, they may not since, I believe they already have BC 1.3. Their level up may be when they release 5.2 or 5.3 etc.
We shipped with BC 1.2 but I believe your point is still valid as we saw this with the camera button. Everyone else got it despite us being on a newer manufacturing sync version then everyone else. As 21/22s got the camera button, eventually 23's got an update that added it as well. Right now, I believe 23 Batch 1s are still on 1.2 but Batch 2 or rev 2 maybe on 1.3, not sure I've seen anyone that recently got one post what their window sticker says.

Edit: Poking around some newer 2023 Batch 2 window stickers list 1.3, so it looks like they latest do get 1.3, which will also be the last to get 1.4.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here's a countdown timer so we can all keep track of the exact days, hours, and minutes until the autumnal equinox:

https://days.to/until/autumn-or-fall

This should help manage stress and expectations in anticipation of BlueCruise 1.3. 😄

"Blue balls over BlueCruise" should be the title here.
🤭”Blue balls over BlueCruise”? I laughed for 20 minutes. Still smiling.

Gix1k

First Name
CM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Occupation
Developer
Country flag
So we all may be excited for this update and it's going to be fairly minor.....unless it's changed since this video.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Any chance we will see BC 1.3 roll out before the strike next week ??

Or are they doing the work slow down routine ??
Sponsored