9/5 Build Week Thread

possib1edoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E
Country flag
Modules started showing up for mine. Now the 4-5 week transport/deliver wait begins (this was how long my first one took).

OP
OP

priext

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD Ext Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Modules started showing up for mine. Now the 4-5 week transport/deliver wait begins (this was how long my first one took).
Nice! Which batch were you in?

Deepcscuba

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Technical Support
Country flag
How long does it take to build one of these from start to finish?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
How long does it take to build one of these from start to finish?
I have seen some forum users say their MME unit got modules on Monday-shipped on Friday, but some say theirs sat in the Lecheria rail yard for weeks before heading to the border. (Not accounting for any parts hold, etc) In other words, such information is largely anecdotal and limited in number. Assembly plant time is usually the smallest block of time when considering the wait from ordering to scheduling (226 days in my case), scheduling to assembly (8 weeks initially for me but moved up 1 week, although not built yet), start assembly to shipped (~1 week), Cuautitlan to Kansas City (~10 days), and KS to dealer (~3-8 weeks). The "answer" to your question is going to be "whatever happens with your order".
Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/5 Build Week Thread 1662406987073

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Deepcscuba

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Technical Support
Country flag
Thanks Bigfeets. Mostly curious about the assembly time at the plant. Sounds like a week or less to make it all the way through. I wonder what the longest process is? I’m guessing painting it.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks Bigfeets. Mostly curious about the assembly time at the plant. Sounds like a week or less to make it all the way through. I wonder what the longest process is? I’m guessing painting it.
I've seen comments on this forum from folks who comment as though they were Ford plant workers, but there is no sign of any "insider" info from Cuautitlan Assembly Plant. The few Youtube videos were done last year or earlier and did not address the specifics of the MME assembly line. Ford seems to have curtailed "insider" disclosures/tracking means. The best info about individual MME orders seems to be the VVR (Vehicle Visibility Report) which is accessible by your dealer... if they're willing to pay attention to your inquiry. Apparently, some do, some don't. Chat is next best source of info for the end user waiting for an MME order.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/5 Build Week Thread 1662408887590
Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/5 Build Week Thread 1662408969416

MinimumGain

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem, AWD, EXT (Ordered 11/27/21)
Country flag

nat-e

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium (Extended,RWD), Shadow Black, 11/30
Country flag
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/

Time to start F5'ing the modules page 😂
I'm sure this has been discussed on a ton of forums but could someone dumb down what this website does for me? I entered my VIN and saw that there was a module available, but it downloaded a ".ab" (about) file that my computer couldn't read. Does it mean anything when a module is available?

desallesp

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select - Comfort Technology
Country flag
I'm sure this has been discussed on a ton of forums but could someone dumb down what this website does for me? I entered my VIN and saw that there was a module available, but it downloaded a ".ab" (about) file that my computer couldn't read. Does it mean anything when a module is available?
Each module represents parts of the car being assembled, once all the modules are there you know its built. I have no clue how many modules there are though. From what I've seen once you modules being added, the car is done by end of day or next day.