Dongar Technologies dashcam power adapter for Mach E

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I would guess that the FE is a special edition Premium, so they lump it in with the Premium? 🤷‍♂️🐩
Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to update this yesterday when I ordered one, FE is now listed on the supported model list. When I saw that, click, it was ordered.
Sponsored

debsahu

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 AWD
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Mine is being delivered today, I'll update how it goes. I am using a Aukey DRS1 dashcam which has supercapacitor for brief recording in an event of crash and no power.

Update: Took 15 min to install during luch break. No issues powering the dashcam, taps into 12V +ve & -ve... uses a 12V DC to 5V DC asyncronous buck converter. <$3 in components, still the installation is clean.

Last edited:

Subliminal64

First Name
Burnsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME AWD ER (x2) "Darth Maul" & "R2-D2"
Occupation
Working
Country flag
Here is a How To video that may be of assistance for alternative installations. Good luck! You got this!

Spectre

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
Mine is being delivered today, I'll update how it goes. I am using a Aukey DRS1 dashcam which has supercapacitor for brief recording in an event of crash and no power.

Update: Took 15 min to install during luch break. No issues powering the dashcam, taps into 12V +ve & -ve... uses a 12V DC to 5V DC asyncronous buck converter. <$3 in components, still the installation is clean.
same. Installed today and took 15 min, super easy and clean look. My dashcam uses usb-c though, so I had to buy a usb adapter and usb c cable since the Dongar only came with micro and mini usb cables.

Raambo55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e select
Country flag
Did anyone have issues with it causing you to lose connection with your app. Everyone I try to install this, I have connectivity issues.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
Did anyone have issues with it causing you to lose connection with your app. Everyone I try to install this, I have connectivity issues.
Did you have any luck since then? I just got this adapter and will try installing it in the next few days. Initial thought is it seems cheaply made, but will be easy to install if it works. More to come.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Did you have any luck since then? I just got this adapter and will try installing it in the next few days. Initial thought is it seems cheaply made, but will be easy to install if it works. More to come.
Ours has been in the MME for about a year now and no issues.
Sponsored