Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
The HVAC screen showed where the air is being blown when in auto mode. I often wonder if it is already blowing on the windshield. Having to manually switch is a pain in the ass.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wouldn’t it be cool or hot if … IMG_1937
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wouldn’t it be cool or hot if … IMG_1939

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I stopped using “Auto” over a year ago. Never been happier! 😄

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The HVAC screen showed where the air is being blown when in auto mode. I often wonder if it is already blowing on the windshield. Having to manually switch is a pain in the ass.

IMG_1937.jpeg
IMG_1939.jpeg
There is an easy way to tell, just put your hand by the defrost vent for the side window and feel if it's coming out or not. That is ducted in common with the main windshield vents. So if it's coming out the side vents, it's coming out the windshield.

The point of AUTO is so you don't have to think about where the air is blowing, it automatically adjusts.

OP
OP
AliRafiee

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
There is an easy way to tell, just put your hand by the defrost vent for the side window and feel if it's coming out or not. That is ducted in common with the main windshield vents. So if it's coming out the side vents, it's coming out the windshield.

The point of AUTO is so you don't have to think about where the air is blowing, it automatically adjusts.
Thanks. I already put little flags in front of every vent so I can tell where it’s blowing out of.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I stopped using “Auto” over a year ago. Never been happier! 😄
I have not liked Auto operation and have found it always fogs up in the winter. I go back and try it again after there is an OTA, I think there have been 2, and performance for me was bad. I am just fine with manual control.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I have found that auto works very well in my MME.

I only ever push the temp up or down a degree or two, never making any other adjustments. I never have to explicitly turn on defrost or even change the fan speed as the car seems to do a great job keeping the interior comfortable and the windshield clear of fog.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have found that auto works very well in my MME.

I only ever push the temp up or down a degree or two, never making any other adjustments. I never have to explicitly turn on defrost or even change the fan speed as the car seems to do a great job keeping the interior comfortable and the windshield clear of fog.
My biggest complaint about auto is that it seems to turn on E-Heat and/or AC when I feel it isn’t necessary which hurts driving efficiency. It also shuts off recirculation when I don’t want it to.

Like I stated previously, I haven’t used auto in over a year. Maybe the logic has been improved.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
My biggest complaint about auto is that it seems to turn on E-Heat and/or AC when I feel it isn’t necessary which hurts driving efficiency. It also shuts off recirculation when I don’t want it to.

Like I stated previously, I haven’t used auto in over a year. Maybe the logic has been improved.
It could be that the logic just works better in certain climates.

I also don't really worry about efficiency vs comfort.

If I am cold I want to be warm. If I am hot I want to be cooler. If that means I have to pay for fifty more cents of electricity, so be it. I never thought twice about turning on the heat or AC in my ICE cars.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It could be that the logic just works better in certain climates.

I also don't really worry about efficiency vs comfort.

If I am cold I want to be warm. If I am hot I want to be cooler. If that means I have to pay for fifty more cents of electricity, so be it. I never thought twice about turning on the heat or AC in my ICE cars.
I also find other odd behaviors in auto. I can be comfortably cruising along with the windows open when it’s 70 degrees outside and the next thing I know, my ankles are freezing because the car decided to turn the AC on. That’s just one example.

I'm not trying to convince you or others that auto is bad and to not use it, only relay my experience. If auto meets your needs, great!
Sponsored