jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
If 0-60 times was within 10% (or faster), still AWD, and price was about $15k-20k less maybe. Price delta is because of the $7500 tax credit and being 270 mile BEV instead of ICE. Lot more ICE competition than BEV so hard to say for sure, but that's the closest for me to consider it as ICE...

This is also assuming no BEV is available. Chances are much higher for a Tesla MY or an EV6 or wait for something else and stayed with my dodge charger longer.
Sponsored

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
Would never have considered a non-EV at this point. Would make my decision between the Mach E and EV6 a lot easier.

PilotMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Moke, FRS, Prius, FJR, 1966 Shelby Mustang
Country flag
I don't think it would have been on the radar. We're trading a Prius so it would have had to be a hybrid at least.
Glad we found the Mach e (still don't have it - maybe in August) don't know what we would have decided on. Pretty much stopped looking when we saw the Mach e.

itzbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Tax rebate and low cost of charging was a major consideration.. would've went with IONIQ5, Tesla Y or wait out one of the more intriguing upcoming EV like a Fisker Ocean, Polestar SUV, or the new Delorean.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
No, no a 1;000 times nope...

Had a 2013 Fiat 500eRocket

a 2019 Kona EV

and now this 2021 Mach E

I don't care that it is a Mach E, Mustang, whatever. It checked all the boxes I needed in an EV If the ID4 or Tesla or Jag or whatever, checked the boxes, I'd be driving that.

But never an ICE again.

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Nope. The only thing that makes up for it's short comings is that it's a bev.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I just took delivery of my MME. Is it supposed to beep like a forklift when backing up!?

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Curious because I think I would! I know I know misses the whole EV point, but still….
Maybe if it were a PHEV, but probably not since I was already driving a Volt which I was happy with. Definitely would not have considered it if it were ICE only.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
If it were as fast as electric, as quiet as electric, could be started in the closed garage as electric, could be refueled overnight at home, and didn't have the exhaust stink - I would buy it even if it were an ICE.

But for all of this it must be electric I guess...

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
Not a chance. My primary vehicle needs to be an AWD SUV or crossover in a performance trim so my youngest son and I were test driving and looking at the usual ICE suspects again, Porche, Mercedes, BMW, Audì, Maserati, etc. and my son suggested the Mach GT. Last year March, I had no clue this car even existed when he threw it in the mix and was not thinking about or looking for a BEV. Now I’m a convert and will never go back to ICE as my daily driver.

Fast forward the 10 month wait and now 5 months of driving and I am extremely glad I went with this vehicle. It was definitely the right purchase at the right time. But when the other brands I mentioned catch up in 3 years and have SUV BEVs readily available, I’ll switch. Ford makes a nice vehicle, but the features and interior styling lacks compared to the other “higher end” brands. I get the price points may be much higher when they all launch BEV SUVs, but my GTPE today would also be north of $72k and the Lyriq and E-tron are in the same range today.
Sponsored