Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I am not a crazy driver at all, just a commuter, but my OEM tires are nearly done at 22k miles. Those Pilots sound good!
I only just replaced the factory tires at 52k miles. Not sure how you guys are blowing through the tread that quickly.

CAL465

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope I get the same results when I get my HanKook ion evo AS tires.

CAL465

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Specific EV tires are now being sold by several tire manufactures

OP
OP
heisnuts

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I'm interested to know if you can blow thru the most recent revision! Lemme know if you can do it. We’re all counting on you!
The original one went out at 6K and was replaced with the same part (the updated one was not out yet). That one failed at 12K and the updated HVBJB was installed. That updated part failed just over 17K (we are hoping that is just an abnormality). I am now just over 2K on my current one so the testing continues. Engineering did come out the first time and this last time to pull data from the car so time will tell.

When I left the last time the service manager was joking when he said I will see you in 5,000 miles for your next oil change.... I laughed back you probably will see me in 6,000 miles but it will probably be for a HVBJB... The look on his face was priceless.... 🤣

Harlaquin72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
so all these 55k and 45k tires only getting less then 20k miles. anyone even bothered trying to claim a warranty? or are tire warranties still more worthless the the paper they are on? with every scenario them just saying it was your driving and denying a claim. I dont personally know one person who has ever successfully had a manufacturer tier warranty honored for tread life. but seems to me a 55k tire only getting 19k should qualify for something.

OP
OP
heisnuts

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
so all these 55k and 45k tires only getting less then 20k miles. anyone even bothered trying to claim a warranty? or are tire warranties still more worthless the the paper they are on? with every scenario them just saying it was your driving and denying a claim. I dont personally know one person who has ever successfully had a manufacturer tier warranty honored for tread life. but seems to me a 55k tire only getting 19k should qualify for something.
I did not try on the OEM tire, but typically those treadwear warranties are for replacement tires purchased by the end user. It is also a pro rated warranty and the old tires have to be down at 2/32 before any consideration. I may be wrong on that and if so I am sure someone will chime in.

OP
OP
heisnuts

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Did you get any money from pro-rated warranty on the tires?
I didn't try on the OEM tires since I believe the treadwear warranty only applies to replacement tires paid for by the end user. I also believe it would require proof of tire rotations every 5,000 miles even though Ford says service with rotation is every 10,000 miles.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
You are correct no mileage warranty, but if you have a smart shop would call and ask Michelin for an exception and usually they do something (usually a 25% courtesy credit). Most shops won't do this because they don't know how and let's be honest they are lazy. Also, you didn't push for it and that's OK. I wouldn't either.

That Pilot Sport 4 A/S should be an improvement in every way except slightly less efficient. Maybe 2-4% less efficient

I did the Vredestein Hypertrac in a 245/50/19 it is rated the same as the PS4 AS from Tire Rack at a much better price point.

Last edited:

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
How does the noise compare to the OEMs?

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
How does the noise compare to the OEMs?
I can't speak for the Michelins but the Hypertracs are very quiet. My guess is the Michelins would be too
Sponsored