Received the High-Voltage Battery Warning during my drive today

Snakebitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
Rodent damage to automotive wiring is often covered by insurance. Most folks are unaware.

My dad had a pretty serious encounter on his truck and his insurance company covered the repair with a normal deductible.
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oregon. Hvbjb failed barely outside lemon law eligibility.
But if it is taking this long your dealer certainly did not order the part correctly. Failures were to be ordered no the COPIS system which expedited the part.

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
But if it is taking this long your dealer certainly did not order the part correctly. Failures were to be ordered no the COPIS system which expedited the part.
They did. Repeatedly. I’ve complained enough about it elsewhere so I’m not going to recount the whole saga.

Toy_collector

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Tesla model Y Chevy bolt
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had rabbits damage my Chevy Bolt and Tesla Y and causing $400 damage to the bolt and $2000 damage to the Y. Insurance paid part of the Y repair. Keep rodent repellant around your car even if it is in the garage, that is where they got mine. They love the wires and the coolant. Both cars went absolutely nuts after the wires were damaged. One thought it was -39 deg outside and wouldn't turn the heat off and the other wouldn't allow me to set a charging limit and the blind spot monitoring stopped working.

OP
OP

kaychup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select
I had rabbits damage my Chevy Bolt and Tesla Y and causing $400 damage to the bolt and $2000 damage to the Y. Insurance paid part of the Y repair. Keep rodent repellant around your car even if it is in the garage, that is where they got mine. They love the wires and the coolant. Both cars went absolutely nuts after the wires were damaged. One thought it was -39 deg outside and wouldn't turn the heat off and the other wouldn't allow me to set a charging limit and the blind spot monitoring stopped working.
Ahh, there's definitely rabbits around my home. That's crazy, we have two other cars parked outside right next to it and even stayed in the same spot it's normally parked at for dayyyyys that have never had an issue with wire damage. They're ICE vehicles though.. is there something about EVs that makes them more desirable...? Never considered this would be an issue haha.

Willymy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt EV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If it is wiring by rodents, check your car insurance. I had that years ago where rodents chewed some ac wires and insurance paid

OP
OP

kaychup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select
Rodent damage to automotive wiring is often covered by insurance. Most folks are unaware.

My dad had a pretty serious encounter on his truck and his insurance company covered the repair with a normal deductible.
Thank you! This is what I like to hear. It's at the dealership now so hopefully they look at it soon and I'll see what they say and bring my insurance into it.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Not wiring damage? I feel like that's something that should be covered. I can research that.

I feel like the damage coming from a rodent is unlikely, at least not since I've owned it. I've never seen signs of rodents around my home unless it happened prior to my purchase but it's strange it would start to error out weeks after. So yeah this is odd.
If it's a rodent or other type of "non-accident" damage then it's probably covered by your "Comprehensive" coverage with your auto insurance.

cbagwu

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
Rabbits do this?! Nooooo, I always enjoyed the plethora of bunnies we have hopping around the house but I am going to be looking more suspiciously now.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Rabbits do this?! Nooooo, I always enjoyed the plethora of bunnies we have hopping around the house but I am going to be looking more suspiciously now.
Bunny warrens have historically been known to break the legs of mustangs. 😱🐩

OP
OP

kaychup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select
Luckily I was able to make it home. I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it to a dealership.

I'm going to have it towed to my closest Ford dealership hopefully early tomorrow morning. I was told coming here someone with FDRS could verify that is a HVBJB issue. Also, I know earlier in the models life it was a big issue with figuring out what was wrong and how to fix it. Is issue for parts still an issue now? I'm wondering how long I can expect it to be out of commission.
UPDATE!

Not sure if this is the right way to update a post but..

Dealership said they just had to replace some kind of pin that was causing the lost communication. It only spent a day at the shop. So no rodents around here, thank god. Thank you @Mach-Lee for looking up my vin!

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Got a call from a Ford Concierge about the HVBJB recall. I had it replaced a year ago and have made multiple attempts with my dealer - Autonation Ford in Littleton, CO - only to be canceled twice. This dealer doesn't answer the phone and when you schedule service via the Ford website or the Ford Pass, they don't receive it. She called the dealership to get this scheduled and came back to apologize that dealer systems for this have been down since yesterday!

Are others getting the same bad luck just trying to get a recall done? I see people who have had cars take weeks and weeks. Starting to think the weakest link in this whole experience is the dealer.

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got a call from a Ford Concierge about the HVBJB recall. I had it replaced a year ago and have made multiple attempts with my dealer - Autonation Ford in Littleton, CO - only to be canceled twice. This dealer doesn't answer the phone and when you schedule service via the Ford website or the Ford Pass, they don't receive it. She called the dealership to get this scheduled and came back to apologize that dealer systems for this have been down since yesterday!

Are others getting the same bad luck just trying to get a recall done? I see people who have had cars take weeks and weeks. Starting to think the weakest link in this whole experience is the dealer.
Use a different dealer. Mine was 3 or 4 days. They ordered the parts in advance, then had me bring it in. It was no big deal.

OP
OP

kaychup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select

Yes the same with my dealership. They did answer their phone but their service was a bit slow and picking up my car was kind of a mess because they wouldn't find the papers and my keys. But they still were able to get me my car back in a day so I can't be too mad.

I would bring it in if you feel like you want to and can 'get it over with'
Sponsored