Does anyone else find Fordpass pretty useless?

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is my contention that Fordpass was written by software programmers that work and is intended for people that work.
I am retired, no two weeks or days are the same.
It means I don't have a schedule so many of the Fordpass facilities are awkward and cumbersome to use.
In fact the only schedule I want is preferred charge time and that doesn't work at the moment.
See https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/preferred-charging-times-do-not-work.33062/

Are other retired owners as displeased with Fordpass as me?
Sponsored

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I don't have any issues with it. My PAAK works, I can set my departure times, open windows, trunk, frunk, and start car remotely. Gives me enough information. Only complaint was losing your driving history data.

OP
OP

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I don't have any issues with it. My PAAK works, I can set my departure times, open windows, trunk, frunk, and start car remotely. Gives me enough information. Only complaint was losing your driving history data.
I can do most things I want but in a very cumbersome way.
Are you retired?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I do find it pretty useless. PAAK is clunky due to prolonged Bluetooth connection times. Setting preferred charge times or departure times is best done from the car screen or it may not happen. Checking SOC is usually incorrect and several hours behind and waiting for a forced refresh that may never happen is cumbersome. The estimates for when charging will be complete is the funniest new math I’ve ever seen. The only thing I find FordAss good for is remote starting, which should have been included on the key fob; and forcing the car to charge to 100% (which is weirdly reliable).

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
When I got my car, I set up all the charging schedules and limits in the car, and it has just worked for 2.5 years. I use Fordpass for two things:

- Check the charging level/status
- Set to 100% for a trip the next day

Those two features work great for me. As far as PAAK goes, mine has worked great for the last year, it took Ford about a year to get it working right. For example, my Rivian takes 5-10 seconds to wake the truck up when I approach it, very annoying.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I basically don't use any of its features other than remote start and override charging to 100% and those are easily accessible and seem to almost always work. I don't use PAAK.

I'd recommend only changing settings from the car, not the mobile app.

lesz

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is my contention that Fordpass was written by software programmers that work and is intended for people that work.
It means I don't have a schedule so many of the Fordpass facilities are awkward and cumbersome to use.
In fact the only schedule I want is preferred charge time and that doesn't work at the moment.
See https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/preferred-charging-times-do-not-work.33062/

I am also retired and use FordPass all the time. I’ve had my car since August, and I’ve had no problems with the app at all.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
When I got my car, I set up all the charging schedules and limits in the car, and it has just worked for 2.5 years. I use Fordpass for two things:

- Check the charging level/status
- Set to 100% for a trip the next day

Those two features work great for me. As far as PAAK goes, mine has worked great for the last year, it took Ford about a year to get it working right.
Not for the remote start? For me, it's the most used feature.
Also, in addition to yours, checking the tire pressure occasionally.

What does retirement have to do with the app's use and usefulness? I don't get it.

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
When I bought the MME I worked non routine hours for half of the week. So departure times were not set. Reading @Mach-Lee’s cold weather Thread on days that I knew I would leave the house before noon but not sure exactly when I would have a 0900 departure set with no cabin pre heat. The thermal mass of the battery pre conditioning would hold pretty steady from 0900-1200. Then I would use FordPass app to remote start and warm the cabin.

PAKK has worked quite well for me except when I changed phones and didn’t realize I deleted everything in life’s the door code…. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I don’t find much else of use on FordPass but I also found that I did not use the “additional” features of Tesla app when I had a rented Tesla.

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
What does retirement have to do with the app's use and usefulness? I don't get it.
based on having to buy my parents a “day of the week clock” in their retirement otherwise they had no idea… my guess is lack of routine.

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have meaningful gripes about the Fordpass app, but one I find really annoying is how all of the UI seems to load fresh every time I open the app. When you want to pull your phone out to start the car remotely, having to wait 5-10 seconds for everything to load because otherwise the start button is going to jump out from under your finger is really annoying.

Then the app reminds you to long press the button, but you were trying, the button moved not your finger.

B177y

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.willybeanscoffee.com
Vehicles
23 CR1, 21 Highlander V6, 01 F-350 V10, 13 VStrom
Country flag
I think the "retirement issue" is because the only way to accomplish any pre conditioning involves using settings that very much favor setting a consistent schedule (weekdays, weekend, etc) vs. just having the ability to push a button to start battery and cabin pre conditioning. The remote start button and pre condition schedule accomplish different things.

I too would like a one touch pre conditioning button, and yes, I'm retired and my life doesn't ever seem to fit into the Fordpass (and car screen) scheduling options, without having to constantly change the old "schedules" for one time uses.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not for the remote start? For me, it's the most used feature.
Also, in addition to yours, checking the tire pressure occasionally.

I live in Arizona and my car is in the garage, no real need for pre-conditioning or remote start. I have used it for remote start if it is parked in the sun for along time.
Sponsored