Did anyone experience problems with the Tesla super charger cable not reaching the charging port on the Mach-E

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I mean considering people have driven off with gas nozzles still in, that would not surprise me if that was indeed some of the logic behind it 😆
Ford Mustang Mach-E Did anyone experience problems with the Tesla super charger cable not reaching the charging port on the Mach-E Carlin stupid people
Sponsored

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I mean considering people have driven off with gas nozzles still in, that would not surprise me if that was indeed some of the logic behind it 😆
I don't believe the vehicle will engage a Drive or Reverse gear setting if it senses that a charge cord is inserted into the port. At least that is my experience at home with a J1772 connected to the port even if charging has stopped.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Im curious if they’re also just going to move the charge port on future models that incorporate NACS. I mean that would make the most sense, right?
moving the port to the drivers side rear is fine, but it sucks for towing and definitely doesn’t work for Teslas that have hitch racks. What Tesla really needs to do is to build stations that allow for pull thru charging, then the charge port location doesn’t really matter.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
I don't believe the vehicle will engage a Drive or Reverse gear setting if it senses that a charge cord is inserted into the port. At least that is my experience at home with a J1772 connected to the port even if charging has stopped.
I knew it wouldn’t let you while charging, but I did not know it wouldn’t let you while its stopped. At least we won’t have to worry about anyone dragging the charging station home with them 🤣

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Gen 3 superchargers will barely reach as long as they remove the parking bumpers and the sign posts. The Tesla crews have some fixing to do to make the Gen 3 sites more accessible to non-Teslas.

Gen 4 will be a perfect fit, with the cable almost touching your left headlight.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Dude, I'd be scared to charge at a Tesla Charger, or at least walk away from my car... You know those guys are super jaded that their charging network is getting opened up. I dunno about other places, but here in SoCal, Tesla stations are always SUPER packed when I drive by. That was before they started to open up their chargers...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thread after thread speculating. It's called self-flagellation. Ford didn't come to an agreement with Tesla for us to straddle parking spaces or drive over curbing.

RELAX. Everything will reach. Don't worry about how. No, you won't have to coil an 8 foot adapter...
Eventually, anyway. I'm guessing there will be a lot of stations that will be fighting with the issue for some time though. 12,000 chargers is an awful lot to do something with in one year, even for Tesla.

I'm more concerned about the other 6,000 or so V2s that won't be compatible for us at all. From what I've seen, many are on road trip routes where I'd like a backup to EA, but won't work because they're V2s.

losgatos

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There was no problem with the cable length in Scotts Valley , California, but the car is occupying a parking spot to the right of where a Tesla would normally park. To be compatible with a Tesla charger parking stall, the charge port on the car would need to be in the right front or back left.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Did anyone experience problems with the Tesla super charger cable not reaching the charging port on the Mach-E 2023-03-03 16.36.46

JimboSlice

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Sonic, Mach-E and Safari
Occupation
Body Shop Manager
Country flag
I am wondering if they are developing a DC Fast charge adapter so we can utilize the Tesla fast charging? If so when will it be out @Ford Motor Company ?

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
I am wondering if they are developing a DC Fast charge adapter so we can utilize the Tesla fast charging? If so when will it be out @Ford Motor Company ?
I can answer that for you.

They are- see this article:

https://fordauthority.com/2023/05/all-current-ford-ev-owners-will-get-tesla-nacs-adapter/

No one really knows when it will be out though. I believe the current speculation is that we’ll get them next summer, but as now I’m not aware Ford has given any date to when we’ll get one.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can answer that for you.

They are- see this article:

https://fordauthority.com/2023/05/all-current-ford-ev-owners-will-get-tesla-nacs-adapter/

No one really knows when it will be out though. I believe the current speculation is that we’ll get them next summer, but as now I’m not aware Ford has given any date to when we’ll get one.
The press release says "next Spring". Of course, that's just the announced plan. Whether both sides meet that target is anyone's guess. And how plentiful the adapters will be in the early months.

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD, 2019 F150, ‘94 Vet, 1948 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did anyone experience problems with the Tesla super charger cable not reaching the charging port on the Mach e
Hoping someone creates an adapter that works like an extension cord.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
moving the port to the drivers side rear is fine, but it sucks for towing and definitely doesn’t work for Teslas that have hitch racks. What Tesla really needs to do is to build stations that allow for pull thru charging, then the charge port location doesn’t really matter.
There is a Tesla site near me that has one pull through.

mkhuffman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
There was no problem with the cable length in Scotts Valley , California, but the car is occupying a parking spot to the right of where a Tesla would normally park. To be compatible with a Tesla charger parking stall, the charge port on the car would need to be in the right front or back left.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Did anyone experience problems with the Tesla super charger cable not reaching the charging port on the Mach-E IMG_6088
The bumper lip on my GT would have probably hit that curb. Certainly my license plate, which hangs lower than the bumper lip, would have. So it would have been a much tougher reach and I might have had to pull in sideways.