BlueCruise - Will it or won't it be fully installed and operational by 3/31/22 11:59:59PM EDT?

BlueCruise - Will it or won't it be fully installed and operational by 3/31/22 11:59:59PM EDT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
If “fully operational” means a few cars getting it by March 31, then I’m going to win that prediction (and I think I might have already?) If it means every Job 1 car will have it, then of course not and I want to change my vote.

I’ll also gonna confidently predict that I’m not gonna be one of those cars to receive it by March 31 even though I’m in the EAP. @Ford Motor Company prove me wrong.
It will be close. I'd say it's 90% you get it in March. I reserve 10% because I don't know if you drive your vehicle every day.
Sponsored

Mirak

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It will be close. I'd say it's 90% you get it in March. I reserve 10% because I don't know if you drive your vehicle every day.
I do drive every day but I’ve got updates scheduled for every night of the week.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Oh, I think the naïve optimism of the 10 people who chose answer number 2 is adorable! They probably still believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and Big Foot ?
I can’t wait to see you apologize once mine goes live.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I can’t wait to see you apologize once mine goes live.
Note: answer 2 is “fully operational”. That implies for all job 1 cars. I remain skeptical that I will be able to use BlueCruise should I choose to go to the office on Friday, April 1, but I’ll put in my pre-apology now, just in case I forget to do so later (because I’m giddy with joy about being able to BlueCruise everywhere ?)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I fail to understand this “drive every day” requirement? Does my daily trip to Starbucks (total 10 minutes there and back) count? How about the trip to the gym (10 minutes each way)? Why must the car be driven at all to be updated? It’s sitting at home connected to a nice 1 Gig network. Does ford really want me to slurp up all their 4G data?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
No. My read of that is fully operational on your car.
I really do hope you’re right and that I’m profusely apologizing on April 1. I have no problems admiring I’m wrong when good things happen ?

PaulP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
They don't even have an update available yet for my front camera fault (Front collision notification a few times a day, ACC working on and off, lane centering not working at all, see TSB 22-2069) on my job 1. With Ford's track record, I'm not hopeful they can fix that new bug and deliver BC in 20 days.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
I fail to understand this “drive every day” requirement?
My take is the download/install prereqs. involve the LVB being backed up by DCDC. Just start the car and leave it sitting in the driveway.

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
I'm one of the optimistic Job 1 builds. My Mach-E is on 2.5.1 as of a couple days ago. They're moving quickly on these updates, so I'm actually confident I'll get BlueCruise before the end of the month. I am also an Early Access member. Picked up the car March 13th last year in case anybody is wondering.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Note: answer 2 is “fully operational”. That implies for all job 1 cars. I remain skeptical that I will be able to use BlueCruise should I choose to go to the office on Friday, April 1, but I’ll put in my pre-apology now, just in case I forget to do so later (because I’m giddy with joy about being able to BlueCruise everywhere ?)
My intent was fully operational on YOUR car. This is a ME, ME, ME, thread. That's why it specifies whether your car already has it, and you vote on a selection that doesn't say yes or no, because you already have it.

its-not-rocket-science-rocket-science.gif
Sponsored