Are Navigation and BlueCruise Getting Worse?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Will you be driving that route again any time soon to test and see if it was a one-off fluke or a new, repeatable bug?
Well, there's 2 issues I posted about and it's obvious by the replies that BC is the only one being focused on. So for that issue I might, but I really don't know. I haven't been taking the MME outside of a 15mi radius from my house much. I can only go on my past 100 or so times driving the same route. I would have never posted about it if it was a one off during the drive, but since it happened twice something was just different.

Ping ponging is something I discussed in detail when BC was first released and I first posted about it here. I always trusted the car to keep me within the lines which at times created ping ponging. This time it wanted to push me into shoulder and into the right lane which was a new experience. The roads haven't changed. Even the one where the rumble strips are in the middle of the lane, that's not new and in May I drove the same route without issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The second video has an old rumble strip in the middle, but it merges with the correct left marker where the car acts funny. This shouldn't be an issue and I could see it being one if it was the other way around where the phantom line diverged from the actual line.

Either way, as I've said I've traveled this same stretch of road at least 100 times with BC and I've never seen this before so I'm wondering if some update caused this behavior.
I have noticed with the latest update (4.3.6), it seems to lose hands free with a merge lane less often. Not sure if it is really true, or just by luck.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Has anyone else noticed either of these issues?
Mine has been doing the same since my first drive after PSCM and IPC updates. On a quiet stretch I finally let it recover on its own from 3-4 feet into the breakdown lane and it has been better since but still not as reliable as before. I also went from dead center in the lane to getting too close for comfort passing people. Now I find myself keeping one hand on the wheel at all times just in case.

Regarding the IPC issue, I haven’t seen that before.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Mine has been doing the same since my first drive after PSCM and IPC updates. On a quiet stretch I finally let it recover on its own from 3-4 feet into the breakdown lane and it has been better since but still not as reliable as before. I also went from dead center in the lane to getting too close for comfort passing people. Now I find myself keeping one hand on the wheel at all times just in case.

Regarding the IPC issue, I haven’t seen that before.
Thanks for another confirmation Jody. To sound like a broken record player, I definitely think something has changed. I would much rather the prior ping-pong behavior over throwing me 3-4' into another lane or the shoulder.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Thanks for another confirmation Jody. To sound like a broken record player, I definitely think something has changed. I would much rather the prior ping-pong behavior over throwing me 3-4' into another lane or the shoulder.
o_O There are only two possible causes
1 the Ford team has it in for you, and you will eventually have a terrrrible accident... They'll teach you to buy a Rivian....

2 They made a small change and are inadvertently letting the I term in the PID controller wind up and eventually over control the car.

I'd bet it's number 1 ... but I could be wrong
Ford Mustang Mach-E Are Navigation and BlueCruise Getting Worse? 1691534200114

FullyCharged

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 MME Premium AWD ER (ordered)
Occupation
Supply Chain
Country flag
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
by far the most alarming thing in this thread is the band you went to see. 😬

https://music.mxdwn.com/2023/06/13/...-rush-shoreline-amphitheatre-august-7th-2023/

on the post topic though, while I haven’t had BC try any crazy steering, it does seem it is remaining engaged for less of the interstate than previous.
Hey, you didn't have to go put me on blast. I clearly said I didn't want to go. Although, I must admit it wasn't as bad as when my girlfriend made me go with her and her sister to see N*Sync when I was a teenager.

EveyE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3. Nissan Pathfinder
Country flag
At least y’all get to use your bluecruise, my camera been malfunctioning for over a year now.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Are Navigation and BlueCruise Getting Worse? IMG_0235

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
The blank is when Sync craps out and can't get a zero on where you are. Usually when setting a dest. then driving some, then hitting go. It has no idea you moved most of the time. I've had all these and BC is now pretty much refusing to go HF on the 101 South for my drive home that I've done HF 40'ish times before. No errors, just no HF, with line keeping.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The blank is when Sync craps out and can't get a zero on where you are. Usually when setting a dest. then driving some, then hitting go.
I don't think that's it at all because the voice navigation prompts were always correct and the main screen navigation was correct as well. It was just the IPC that was off.

Additionally, this happened the last 3 times using nav it stayed like this for the entire drive and each drive was 2 hours.

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
My map showed me about 200ft to the right of where I was when I hit "GO" and then I out drove my map. It moved, but I wasn't on it.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
My map showed me about 200ft to the right of where I was when I hit "GO" and then I out drove my map. It moved, but I wasn't on it.
Yeah but here's another data point to guarantee that it's not because of GPS. If I was off the road by 200' BC would not enable. As you can clearly see I'm in BCHF. It's not a GPS bug. A GPS bug also wouldn't explain it giving me imperial metrics.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
2023 MY, so BC 1.2 I was driving I-280N a little north of 92. Car started taking the curve but didn't stay in the lane and began drifting out of its lane. No, it did not ask me to grab the wheel. BC handsfree stayed engaged the whole time. I wish I had a dashcam installed to capture this.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
This forum needs a 'f* it I give up emoji'. There'd be a lot less replies to things that we can't fix/get fixed.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
This forum needs a 'f* it I give up emoji'. There'd be a lot less replies to things that we can't fix/get fixed.
I've also begged for the eye roll emoji. We def need more emojis to reflect our many emotions.
Sponsored