Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Even more reason to keep that thing out of the vehicle.
Sponsored

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
A couple of fun things to try:
Alexa, open the pod bay doors
Alexa, Shirley you can't be serious

Thesmoothdome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Metallic Premium eRWD
Country flag
Alexa does seem to be faster than the Ford assistant or Siri but it asks me to turn on Bluetooth to make phone calls. Is it possible to have both Apple Play and Bluetooth connected at the same time?

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Alexa does seem to be faster than the Ford assistant or Siri but it asks me to turn on Bluetooth to make phone calls. Is it possible to have both Apple Play and Bluetooth connected at the same time?
No that’s a limitation of CarPlay, you can use Siri to make phone calls

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
if you connect Fordpass to Alexa, You can say Alexa ask Fordpass my range and many other things its cool how they work together. I think you can say Alexa ask Fordpass to start my car but I didnt try that yet

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Someone tell me why I want Alexa in my vehicle? What can it do that the Ford voice command system can't?

I don't have any Alexa-type devices in my house, I don't want them in my car either unless there is a compelling reason for it. And video streaming ain't it, I will never use that in any circumstances.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Someone tell me why I want Alexa in my vehicle? What can it do that the Ford voice command system can't?

I don't have any Alexa-type devices in my house, I don't want them in my car either unless there is a compelling reason for it. And video streaming ain't it, I will never use that in any circumstances.
Then you can choose to not activate it. Plenty of features on the car most people don't use or do use, it's your choice. Also it's much faster than Ford Assistant fwiw.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Then you can choose to not activate it. Plenty of features on the car most people don't use or do use, it's your choice. Also it's much faster than Ford Assistant fwiw.
I understand that I don't have to activate it, I'm asking for a reason TO activate it. Faster, OK, one thing to consider...

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
ah I think I missed the permission to allow it to control car functions. when I tried it, she did nothing to control stuff on the car. IMHO that's the only advantage of Alexa in our cars (unless you're really invested in the Amazon ecosystem and do everything with Alexa).

Alexa is faster and more accurate than Ford's voice assistant by far, it's language model and audio tuning for speech input is much better -- but it kept telling me it didn't understand how to raise the temperature.

As others have said, you can have Siri and Alexa (or The Assistant if you're a green bubble) both listening at the same time. Siri uses your iPhone's mic for its wakeword, and Alexa is using the car's mics.
Sponsored