11/7/22 Build Week Thread for 2023 MME's

rwoodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Taurus SHO, 2023 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My car (22, shipped 10/12) has been in Avon Lake since 11/30 waiting to go an hourish to the dealership. My "new" estimated delivery date is 12/11-12/17. For my dealer it sounds like ~2 weeks from Avon to the dealership is not unusual.
I am hoping it arrives before the end of the year. I would be immensely disappointed if it got this close to it's final destination and got stuck in Avon lake till the end of the year.

My original delivery window was next week and then it was changed to 12/31-01/06.

Mine is headed to Bob Gillingham Ford in Parma so it's only a 30ish minute drive but I'm hoping since it's the Cleveland area, it will have a chance to get out on a car carrier with other vehicles more quickly.

I have my fingers crossed.
Sponsored

mache2022_2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache 2022 SR RWD ordered
Country flag
My daughter asked me the same thing. She said "dad, you have wanted Fire (what I named the car) for 8 months. Arent you sad to change your mind"? And I said to her that when the facts change, you have to change with them.

Ford Chat is still telling me 12/6 - 12/12 delivery, though they still say the last position is in MO with no transport assigned. They tell me to call my dealer for details. I call my dealer and they tell me that they dont know where the car is and that I should call Ford. This, to me, is unacceptable and is a reflection of how they will treat me after the purchase should anything go wrong. I've given these guys 8 months to get the order right, and they have failed me at every step. People that ordered the same configuration just 3 months ago and are also in California have already received their car. Does this sound like a company that deserves my trust and $80K of my money. To that, I say "no".
I am in the same position as you, car is in MO since Nov 24th, FC and my dealer/sales person has no clue on what the transit status is and the ETA per FC is 12/17 and the delivery window on Ford order tracking is 12/11 to 12/17. I don't know if they have a train which directly runs into my Los Angeles dealership and make the 12/17 ETA ! The part which scares me is once I get it and if god forbidden something goes wrong then where will I run ?? As of now per my budget Tesla Model 3 base model seems in my price range, something which I really dont like and dont want to be part of clone army....still thinking else will end up buying a really nice ICE compact luxury SUV in the same price range...may be electric will need to wait for another 2-3 years.

CherryBomb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got back home from my dealer. He called me this morning with an alternative to the car I have on order which has now slipped to 1/12-1/18/23. A 2022 just arrived that the original customer decided they didn't want. It's equipped exactly like the '23 I ordered and it's $5300 less (both cars at MSRP), pluse I get to the tax credit. Seemed like a sign from above that it was meant to be so I took the deal. Pick it up early next week.:)

mjelly50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium SR RWD, 2019 Acura MDX
Country flag
Update - FC this morning " I am unable to track a live location once a order is in transit. I do show the last location was  Ramp 6U, Muncie, KS. However, this is not a live location. The estimated delivery is for  Jan-15-2023. " Provided a railcar # and I called NS to trace. They indicate the railcar is in Hapeville GA this afternoon. Maybe I'll see the car next week after all?
Mine is also stuck on the same ramp as yours in Muncie. Mine has been there for over 2 weeks with no movement or updates. The dealer and FC are still giving me a delivery window of 12/20-26. Which I’m starting to lose faith in. I do supposed that once it starts moving it should take long on the train to get to FL. Where is yours heading?

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
Just got back home from my dealer. He called me this morning with an alternative to the car I have on order which has now slipped to 1/12-1/18/23. A 2022 just arrived that the original customer decided they didn't want. It's equipped exactly like the '23 I ordered and it's $5300 less (both cars at MSRP), pluse I get to the tax credit. Seemed like a sign from above that it was meant to be so I took the deal. Pick it up early next week.:)
so no ADM? that's pretty good. i got a call like that a little over a week ago but the car wasn't really what i had ordered, so i decided to hold out.

CherryBomb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
so no ADM? that's pretty good. i got a call like that a little over a week ago but the car wasn't really what i had ordered, so i decided to hold out.
No ADM and no dealer handling. I believe they would typically add an ADM on cars in stock but didn't in this case since I ordered my car at MSRP.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Well folks, my "Mach E" just arrived. After Ford clearly demonstrated their incompetence, I decided to test drive a Model 3 Performance and I was blown away with how high quality of a vehicle it actually is and how comfortable it is. Ford will never match the software quality of Tesla. And, Tesla has a $4K sale on M3 and MY right now. So, I just bought this beauty. $66K out the door.
Capture.JPG

The best part of it, Tesla let me take this out on *2* over-night test drives. I was able to make sure that this 100% meets my comfort and space requirements. With the Mach E, I was taking a leap of faith that I would like it based on 10 minutes of a dealer letting me sit in it in the showroom.
Congratulations! Two nights were generous. I got to test drive my current AWD ER Premium for 3 nights and 4 days. I have never driven a M3 before but MS is definitely better especially the screen in front of the driver is very informative. It is way faster and better sound system. However, once I got a red card, the autopilot would be out until I put the car to park. I did not like it very much. I test drove a MY because I was hoping that it had MS feels and goodies. Other than a big trunk space, I like Mach E more. Grabber blue is sure a head turner.

Mmejbx23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
i did the same thing Friday - snagged a 2022 that is exactly what i wanted (with a few extras) for a good deal and guaranteed myself the tax credit. I have no regrets and love my mach e already! I hope your wxperience is as good.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
My daughter asked me the same thing. She said "dad, you have wanted Fire (what I named the car) for 8 months. Arent you sad to change your mind"? And I said to her that when the facts change, you have to change with them.

Ford Chat is still telling me 12/6 - 12/12 delivery, though they still say the last position is in MO with no transport assigned. They tell me to call my dealer for details. I call my dealer and they tell me that they dont know where the car is and that I should call Ford. This, to me, is unacceptable and is a reflection of how they will treat me after the purchase should anything go wrong. I've given these guys 8 months to get the order right, and they have failed me at every step. People that ordered the same configuration just 3 months ago and are also in California have already received their car. Does this sound like a company that deserves my trust and $80K of my money. To that, I say "no".
To be fair, until recently the delays on teslas were just as bad as fords

Penumbra

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e premium ER RWD ordered
Country flag
Mine is also stuck on the same ramp as yours in Muncie. Mine has been there for over 2 weeks with no movement or updates. The dealer and FC are still giving me a delivery window of 12/20-26. Which I’m starting to lose faith in. I do supposed that once it starts moving it should take long on the train to get to FL. Where is yours heading?
Atlanta. I'm hoping their system is not synced well and car did in fact arrive yesterday. Can't imagine it'll take 4 weeks to get to dealer 20 miles away.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
looks like a whole bunch of 9259s showed up in richmond.

IDCnC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RED RED RED Premium e AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
2023 Red MMe Premium eAWD

08/31/22 Ordered
09/23/22 Production date for week of 11/07/22 assigned
11/13/22
Build completed
11/14/22 Car has shipped. Delivery date week of 12/4/22

12/06/22 Because of "unavoidable delays" ETD is now week of 01/09/23

Tried getting a rail car number from the dealer, but the number they gave me had no letter prefix. Could not get any info from any of the rail tracking sites.

Gonna try Ford Chat to see what they can tell me. Will post with results.

TheWalkerMME

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Received an email from Ford stating that my order has an update. Naturally based on all the comments here about revised ETAs I expected the worst, but my ETA remained the same and I noticed to visible changes to my status.

So I reached out to FC and my MME is finally being shipped via Jack Cooper convoy to Argentine, KS :). It has been in MO without movement for over 2 weeks.
Sponsored

Reactions: njb