Options

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache GT
Occupation
Trader
Country flag
I just got back my car after twenty three days in the shop for a recall. The battery had to be removed and a replacement part installed. What would have that cost if it wasn’t on Ford? I’m guessing a whole lot more than I wanted to spend. I immediately went on line Granger/ford and purchased a ten year 85,000 mile warranty with some add ons. The warranty is transferable..
Sponsored

TowPro

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150, 23 MME
Country flag
be glade you don't live in Florida, we can't purchase the ford warranty from Granger (or any other dealer out of state). sure glad the state government is looking out for us.

OP
OP
Options

Options

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache GT
Occupation
Trader
Country flag
Living in NJ isn’t quite a bargain

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I just got back my car after twenty three days in the shop for a recall. The battery had to be removed and a replacement part installed. What would have that cost if it wasn’t on Ford? I’m guessing a whole lot more than I wanted to spend. I immediately went on line Granger/ford and purchased a ten year 85,000 mile warranty with some add ons. The warranty is transferable..
Battery is covered for 8 years, 100,000 miles from the factory.

That extended warranty is to extend the 3/36 on everything but the drivetrain and battery.

What would it have cost though? If a full battery replacement……. My guess is $40k.

OP
OP
Options

Options

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache GT
Occupation
Trader
Country flag
It involved the battery, but it wasn't the battery. The battery is warranted by Ford to eight years/ 100,000 miles. It's the rest of the car and the unknown serving electric vehicles.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If your repair was for the HVBJB, the part is something less than $1,000.00, plus a few bucks for coolant and a bolt and 6 hours of labor at shop rate. Without knowing the exact service, I am just guessing. 🤷‍♂️🐩

OP
OP
Options

Options

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache GT
Occupation
Trader
Country flag
Good information. Self-insuring that isn't an issue. But two such servicing and the warranty is paid for.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It involved the battery, but it wasn't the battery. The battery is warranted by Ford to eight years/ 100,000 miles. It's the rest of the car and the unknown serving electric vehicles.
Which part though? If it’s the HVBJB, it’s part of the battery/drivetrain components and covered under the 8 yr/100k as well.

Basically it covers all the expensive stuff.

3/36 and extended warranties covers the same stuff gas powered non-powertrain warranties cover (power windows, A/C etc).

OP
OP
Options

Options

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache GT
Occupation
Trader
Country flag
The way I see it is
Bumper to pumper 3/36m
Power train 5/60m
Battery 8/100m
Since Inut and keep a car the warranty works for me but not necessarily everyone

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
be glade you don't live in Florida, we can't purchase the ford warranty from Granger (or any other dealer out of state). sure glad the state government is looking out for us.
Remember, June is Freedom Month in Florida - your governor just passed a bunch of new laws and regulations to ensure your “freedom” 😀

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Remember, June is Freedom Month in Florida - your governor just passed a bunch of new laws and regulations to ensure your “freedom” 😀
It's the same in California, we can't buy an online warranty either. What, you thought it was just a Republican thing?

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
You did the best thing, do not own a Mach E beyond the 3yr/36k miles without warranty, you will regret it sooner or later, I am in California so sadly can't purchase from Granger like you did.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
You still can, just put a different address. They said they don't use the address for anything and the warranty will still apply in Florida. Call or email them, they can put you at ease. I live in CA with similar restrictions and got one. @moparguy

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Good information. Self-insuring that isn't an issue. But two such servicing and the warranty is paid for.
I doubt that one will need two service visits. One visit might be enough. An entertainment screen replacement job is estimated to be $4k. I got the screen replaced under warranty so my service advisor did not know the exact number.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
You still can, just put a different address. They said they don't use the address for anything and the warranty will still apply in Florida. Call or email them, they can put you at ease. I live in CA with similar restrictions and got one. @moparguy
Maybe I can use a cousin’s address. God knows I have a zillion of them since my dad’s family was 17 and my mom’s 5 kids. 😂🐩
Sponsored