Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job1 2021 Premium XR AWD Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My 2021 Premium EX AWD is receiving a set of Pirelli Scorpin All Season Plus 3 tires at 29,800 miles. I live in a river valley in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina. I drive a minimum of 12 miles each way on curvy up and down roads to go anywhere. I am 79 years of age and do not dirve my MME hard. So..

To give me the most mileage from these new tires what tire pressure should I use and is there any alignment tinkering that should be done?
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My 2021 Premium EX AWD is receiving a set of Pirelli Scorpin All Season Plus 3 tires at 29,800 miles. I live in a river valley in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina. I drive a minimum of 12 miles each way on curvy up and down roads to go anywhere. I am 79 years of age and do not dirve my MME hard. So..

To give me the most mileage from these new tires what tire pressure should I use and is there any alignment tinkering that should be done?
You didn't mention what size tire you are going with. If you plan to use the same size tire your car came with, 225/55/19, that model Pirelli tire does not come in an XL load rating in that size. You will need to go up once size to a 235/55/19 or get a different brand/model tire. Personally I would go up the one size and stick with those Pirelli's. They are one of the quietest, smoothest riding tires on the market right now and have an extremely long tread life rating of 800.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If you do not drive the car hard, have it aligned to within the factory window of specs. The only reason to deviate is if you already have abnormal wear. I would suggest getting the alignment checked first so that the alignment tech can inspect the west, then getting the new tires installed after the alignment has been done. 😊🐩
Sponsored