Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
I saw another one on a Quebec FB group, exact same message in french.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I could see a power train update go south and not be able to roll back on it's own. I mean who at Ford ever thought every update will always work and never need to roll back for any reason.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
That’s sucks. Hopefully just an easy fix.

It’s a good thing this is super rare since I don’t think anyone here has posted that screen before.

I kinda miss the days before the internet when a random car broke in Nebraska and I never heard nor worried about it.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My auto-updates are now turned off
I think that's overreacting a bit IMO. OTA bricks are rare, and they will stop OTA deployments immediately if this happens. So it's not really necessary to turn auto updates off because Ford responds to these issues and stops updates themselves if necessary.

If you're super concerned, then turn them back on after a week or two, but otherwise you'll miss out on important updates and could get left behind.

ricapar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was just about ready to leave to my in-law's house with a car full of presents, and I go to turn the car on and get this same message. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. I thankfully have another vehicle that I had to scurry to re-pack everything into.. but how is this scenario remotely acceptable in any circumstance?!

I called the number on the screen, and it just took me to a customer service line where they then transferred me (unsuccessfully) to roadside assistance. I had to call back to get redirected again. And somehow the only option is to get it towed to the dealer. I don't have time for this nonsense :(

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA bricked car IMG_2272 (1)

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
I think that's overreacting a bit IMO. OTA bricks are rare, and they will stop OTA deployments immediately if this happens. So it's not really necessary to turn auto updates off because Ford responds to these issues and stops updates themselves if necessary.

If you're super concerned, then turn them back on after a week or two, but otherwise you'll miss out on important updates and could get left behind.
With all due respect, with the holiday season starting now, and with the other unresolved issue of slow charging due to overheating the main battery, I also turned my OTA’s off.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I was just about ready to leave to my in-law's house with a car full of presents, and I go to turn the car on and get this same message. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. I thankfully have another vehicle that I had to scurry to re-pack everything into.. but how is this scenario remotely acceptable in any circumstance?!

I called the number on the screen, and it just took me to a customer service line where they then transferred me (unsuccessfully) to roadside assistance. I had to call back to get redirected again. And somehow the only option is to get it towed to the dealer. I don't have time for this nonsense :(

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA bricked car IMG_2272 (1)
Do you know which update it was trying to install?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
A guy who is a Ford Master Tech reported in an F150 Facebook group said that he had two F150's and one Bronco sent to his shop yesterday due to an OTA bricking them. I am trying to get more details on which update is causing this. I messaged ricapar to see if he was willing to share his VIN so I can check it in PTS, but I have not heard back from him as of yet. Apparently this is affecting more than just the MME's.
Sponsored