prinx

First Name
Adan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH-E 21
Country flag
Going 75 on the freeway , I swerved an object and hit the freeway dividers. I didn’t think much but my face when I got home was shocked. Do you think it’ll be totaled?
Ford Mustang Mach-E One Month Later….. will it be totaled? E9FD2BA8-74CC-4577-AD73-1EADA4BBAB2F
Ford Mustang Mach-E One Month Later….. will it be totaled? 2A22B2B9-AF2F-42DF-9137-1C3B416FFF18
Ford Mustang Mach-E One Month Later….. will it be totaled? 2042BDB7-2060-4DF5-8A14-727D15BB3D76
Ford Mustang Mach-E One Month Later….. will it be totaled? E5D05CF8-7451-4068-89BB-46347EB3A93C

areda11

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
none
Country flag
This sucks to see, I’m so sorry this happened to you. I saw the first pic and was like what? Then I saw the third and fourth pic and was like oh🙁 It depends what “totaled “ is in your state. My Mach E was t-boned in November and the repairs were close to $10K. Looking at that last picture, it looks like possibly come of the wires could’ve gotten damaged. If that’s the case, then that’ll bring up the price of the repairs a lot. And even at that point, I would be more worried about the waiting time for it. I haven’t had mine since it got hit, and I’m now just getting it back here in a couple weeks. With that being said, if the repairs are a lot and they don’t total it, you could try calling the insurance and what not to see if they’ll budge. I’m hoping this is just cosmetic damage or else it may be a hefty price to pay. Good luck! (And remember take it to a Ford dealership that has a body shop if near you. I trust them more with an EV than a third party body shop)

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I second that "take it to a Ford dealership that has a body shop". Try to stay away from body shops (not Ford dealership) associated with Ford dealership. If They are not Ford, they do not know MME like Ford technicians do.

OP
OP

prinx

First Name
Adan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH-E 21
Country flag
I am not sure what is in the front of the car but I saw green some green liquid. I don't think its leaking anymore.

Finally taking it on Monday for an estimate.

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14- Nissan Leaf, 17/20-Bolt, 23-MachE (on order)
Country flag
Green liquid may be transmission fluid. Hit a curb with my Bolt, only going 25-30, and messed it up completely. There I saw some green liquid too. Insurance total'd it. :(

dimes4slim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium,18 Beetle Dune-now sold
Occupation
Retired Bean Counter
Country flag
I am not sure what is in the front of the car but I saw green some green liquid. I don't think its leaking anymore.

Finally taking it on Monday for an estimate.
Yep, if it stops leaking, all is good. Had a car that kept leaking oil...eventually it stopped leaking, and the engine stopped turning. ;). Actually, it may be coolant, or hopefully just windshield washer fluid.

OP
OP

prinx

First Name
Adan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH-E 21
Country flag
finally got in to an estimate they said since it needs several internal parts they are predicting over a month delay

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
finally got in to an estimate they said since it needs several internal parts they are predicting over a month delay
What was the cost estimate?

With all of the sensors on the car there really isn't much that can be damaged on the car and be purely cosmetic. 20 years ago that would be nothing but a new bumper cover and wheel well trim.

OP
OP

prinx

First Name
Adan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH-E 21
Country flag
What was the cost estimate?

With all of the sensors on the car there really isn't much that can be damaged on the car and be purely cosmetic. 20 years ago that would be nothing but a new bumper cover and wheel well trim.
the total estimate was 15k. 😬

i was told it would be ready by the end of the month
Sponsored