MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E News, Owners, Discussions, Community

Hey everyone, new here and looking for some advise.

So, I've been driving a 2009 Toyota Corolla for the last 4 years as an economical commuter (approx 60 mile round trip), with the plans to one day buy myself a fun car to replace it with. I've been saving up side hustle money for a few years now and have $10k to put down, and I was initially looking at a 2018-19 C7 Corvette, but the fact that I have two young kids (3 & 5) in car seats, the massive premium those are going for again on the used market, fuel costs etc. the wife has veto'd that plan. In researching other options, I kept coming across the MME, and was able to find a base model to sit in and test drive the other day, and I'm sold. Not only will it save us on gas, have size/seats for the kids, but the looks and performance of an EV in general, but especially a GT model will "scratch that itch" for a sports car, until one day I can get a (hopefully then a C8) Corvette as its still my dream car.

With all of that said, I plan to put in an order next month when the 2023 models open up, and here is what I'm struggling with and would love some advice. Premium vs GT???

I want the GT for the obvious performance numbers since again this is my "sports car." I also love the color match fenders, faux grill, light up pony, bolstered seats, wider tires, lower stance, and the grabber blue with the red brake calipers looks beautiful. Hate the GT wheels, and wish I could get the GTPE ones instead but I'll probably put aftermarket ones on anyways, add a dark tint and call it a day. (see attached pic of wheels I found - its a Premium model though I think)

However, the GT is definitely pushing my budget, and finding out that the GT doesn't come with the 360 pano camera system, glass roof or driver assist tech etc without upgrades, I feel like I could get a Premium model with all the bells and whistles and be just as happy, especially coming from a Corolla haha.

Since the website won't let you configure anything right now I'm struggling to understand the price points once you add the features, hence this post.

So if I were to go Premium route (base: $49k rounded up) what does the price come out to with the glass roof, 360 pano cameras, front sensors, and driver assist? How much more is the GT to add those features? I honestly am not sure I even want the glass roof, but I thought I read it is packaged with the technology package for driver assist. What other features would you suggest is a must?

My monthly payment budget is $1k/mo (what we are currently budgeted for/paying for our existing vehicle which will be paid off in a couple months - however, the payment is only $587/mo the rest goes to paying it off faster / having funds for tires, repairs etc.) so I need to stay within that amount and of course, ideally I don't max it out so I can have a little buffer room for things like tires, and repairs. Although one could argue gas savings, fewer moving parts for maintenance costs, and a warranty would "cover" most of that concern. I will likely be able to come up with another $5-7K in the time I'll wait for the order to be built to add to the down payment as well, but of course there's also tax, title, license to account for. I guess I'm just struggling to pay close to $70k ish out the door for any car.

So with all of that said, what do you all think? Thanks in advance!

maxresdefault.jpg