Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
We just finished the first part of our road trip from Huntsville, Alabama to Ann Arbor, Michigan.

No problems whatsoever, except for a 30 minute wait at a charging station🙄

we are staying at Weber’s hotel, and they have a ChargePoint destination charger, while not free, is very reasonable to go from 14% to 86% cost us $11. so far, we have spent a total of $86 (currently) for charging. Gas prices on the way up or $3.50 a gallon, our previous ICE was a jeep, so we got 22 MPG if we were lucky
The math is easy to do.😁😂

The only issue that we have had on this trip was the surprise spring snowstorm! it dropped about 2 inches by the time we got to Ann Arbor, but the road stayed clear it just got really really cold and our sensors iced over in the snow so are adaptive cruise control and blue cruise would not work until I cleared the sensors of the ice. It must really suck up here in the north for you guys in the winter!

We leave for part two of the road trip to Chicago tomorrow morning. I’ll post our experiences in a later thread.🙏
Sponsored

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
There's a great Flying J with an Ultium charger off I-280 at the Ohio/Michigan border if you go that way

I only visit that frozen wasteland in the summer, moved south 7 years ago lol.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Michigan Road trip from Alabama part 1 PXL_20231223_194336569

OP
OP
Opa

Opa

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
There's a great Flying J with an Ultium charger off I-280 at the Ohio/Michigan border if you go that way

Ford Mustang Mach-E Michigan Road trip from Alabama part 1 PXL_20231223_194336569
ABRP had that as a suggested stop, but we drove on through (should’ve stopped, had a little distance, anxiety at the very end of the trip lol)

And yeah, you’re correct, we should’ve gone in April 😂🙏

Love your MME the grabber blew looks amazing!

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We just finished the first part of our road trip from Huntsville, Alabama to Ann Arbor, Michigan.

No problems whatsoever, except for a 30 minute wait at a charging station🙄

we are staying at Weber’s hotel, and they have a ChargePoint destination charger, while not free, is very reasonable to go from 14% to 86% cost us $11. so far, we have spent a total of $86 (currently) for charging. Gas prices on the way up or $3.50 a gallon, our previous ICE was a jeep, so we got 22 MPG if we were lucky
The math is easy to do.😁😂

The only issue that we have had on this trip was the surprise spring snowstorm! it dropped about 2 inches by the time we got to Ann Arbor, but the road stayed clear it just got really really cold and our sensors iced over in the snow so are adaptive cruise control and blue cruise would not work until I cleared the sensors of the ice. It must really suck up here in the north for you guys in the winter!

We leave for part two of the road trip to Chicago tomorrow morning. I’ll post our experiences in a later thread.🙏
So what was the total cost of driving from Alabama to Michigan?

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

Stopped there a few times had issues with charging on the Ford Pass app. Not sure if it is the Amex I have on my account or what but took switching cards to get it to work by swiping a card in the reader. Walked in grabbed a few items inside.

OP
OP
Opa

Opa

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
So what was the total cost of driving from Alabama to Michigan?
I need to revise the total I had in the report from $86 to $93.72. The destination charger at the hotel (ChargePoint) was very reasonably priced we stayed plugged in both nights and our total charging fee was $7.92.

We are at a red E charger at exit 23 I 94 W. looks like to take us up to 90% is going to cost us a bunch! Do not recommend this charger after seeing our $30 bill😨😨😨
Sponsored