"In production". What exactly does that mean?

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
New here!!! I put in a deposit today for a dealers inventory Mach E - I'm not sure if someone backed out, or if it is just one they ordered.....Anyway..... It had ALL of the things I wanted - and currently have on order with another dealer. The dealers car which I now have a deposit on - has a March 17 order date, and says it is in production. What exactly does that mean - if anything? I'm assuming its going to shorten my wait - but I'm curious as to how much time I'm saving? When I use any of the other trackers....I don't get any further info - so is this limbo land?

Ford Mustang Mach-E "In production".  What exactly does that mean? Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.22.36 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Since you have a VIN for the vehicle, it should have an associated build week. However, I don't think that can be obtained online for an order that was not converted from a reservation (or at least not one that you made / own). Your dealership should be able to get the date for you, though I don't know any details of how they do that.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Mach E GT vapor blue- perf pack-alloy wheels
Country flag
It depends on whether this order gets ticked as a 10/31 delivery eta for the chip wait that many have seen.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Thank! Ford updated my car this morning....Production July 14.....Estimated delivery September 8th!!!

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Thank! Ford updated my car this morning....Production July 14.....Estimated delivery September 8th!!!
Fantastic. Unfortunately, unless the source of the delay has been cleared, you won't be given a shipment date, and that delivery date will change to 10/31 at the end of the week. Hopefully you buck the trend! I'm pulling for you.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Fantastic. Unfortunately, unless the source of the delay has been cleared, you won't be given a shipment date, and that delivery date will change to 10/31 at the end of the week. Hopefully you buck the trend! I'm pulling for you.
I am in the same boat. Received a production week of 7/11 and within the last few hours my order status changed to 7/14 production and 8/28 ETA. But given what I have read here in the past couple of weeks, I am certain the ETA date will be pushed out to 10/31. Based on other delays seen on this forum over the last few months, however, I am cautiously optimistic that it won't be a two-month delay as Ford appears to be conservative with delivery dates.
Sponsored