First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Moke, FRS, Prius, FJR, 1966 Shelby Mustang
Country flag
This is interesting.
I got an email from Ford on 6/16/22 saying my build is the week of July 11th.
So if they send an email every 45 days -- I should hear again from Ford 2 weeks after my car is built?

If I'm lucky they'll email when it's in my drive.

Just having fun watching every video available and reading the owners manual multiple times until it shows up in person.

OP
OP

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, on order 2022 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Yeah, I'm not so optimistic about my delivery time. I think I ordered a unicorn. Select, Tech Package, AWD.

Oh well... I just hope it comes before Christmas.

I ordered mine on March 11th, 2022.

Good idea about reading manuals and such. I haven't even looked at one.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Dear Bob,

Since we told you 45 days ago that we hadn't yet made your car, a lot has changed. The weather, your underwear, the seasons. However, not your car's status.

Love,

Ford

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I and apparently everyone with unscheduled orders received the same Email yesterday.

While I'm glad Ford is communicating with us, I'd be happier if they accelerated production and gave us all build dates instead!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Ford Promise is something different.

https://www.ford.com/built-for-america/ford-promise/

Thank you for your purchase of a Ford vehicle. If your new or Certified Pre-Owned vehicle has Ford Promise coverage and you face financial hardship due to loss of employment, you can return it within one year of purchase. It’s our way of helping you move forward.

OP
OP

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn’t know about this, ha! Changed my post title to help with confusion.

Ford Promise is something different.

https://www.ford.com/built-for-america/ford-promise/

Thank you for your purchase of a Ford vehicle. If your new or Certified Pre-Owned vehicle has Ford Promise coverage and you face financial hardship due to loss of employment, you can return it within one year of purchase. It’s our way of helping you move forward.

lucky13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I and apparently everyone with unscheduled orders received the same Email yesterday.

While I'm glad Ford is communicating with us, I'd be happier if they accelerated production and gave us all build dates instead!
I placed an order in early February and did not receive an email from Ford yesterday.

OP
OP

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I placed an order in early February and did not receive an email from Ford yesterday.
So yours is not scheduled yet? Or is it?
Wondering about the variables, they used to decide who they were emailing.

lucky13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Mine (Premium ER AWD) is not yet scheduled.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I've not received an email from Ford about my 1/20/22 Premium order since 3/18. 😖 I've also not been asked to accept the Active Park Assist Prep Kit either. I checked with my sales guy and all he said was "If your vehicle doesn’t have one of the packages that you order Ford will be giving a credit off MSRP. If there is any changes to your vehicle Ford will reach out to you directly via Email."
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford’s Promise to E-Mail Me Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 11.42.11 AM

Hepperly

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach e Premium Cyber Orange Metallic
Country flag
Yeah, I'm not so optimistic about my delivery time. I think I ordered a unicorn. Select, Tech Package, AWD.

I ordered the same set up haven’t heard a word from ford other than this email promising to email me every 45 days. I ordered 4/8/22 I worry I also added cyber orange color I feel like I doomed myself to getting my car anytime soon

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Oddly I received this same email and I took delivery of my car over a month ago....

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag

This is the exact car I own in black - I'm very happy with it overall. A few (very minor) bugs but so far after 10k miles I'm a happy camper.

Can I ask why you decided to go with this exact build?

I actually found this build on the lot at my local dealer. Lucky for me they are honest and gave me the car at sticker with no B.S. add-ons. If you are willing to fly to NY and drive back to wherever the hell you live they may have more in stock.

OP
OP

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can I ask why you decided to go with this exact build?
Ok… I warn you, this may ramble.

This car is replacing my wife‘s 2016 BMW X4 35i M Package. (We sold it already, and she is currently driving my 2013 Fiat Abarth) She loved the X4 and it was a fantastic vehicle. She would still be driving it, but she feels strongly that we need to move away from ICE vehicles. We both feel like there are some great offerings out there. She wanted something similar to her X4. So, it really came down to the Model Y and the Mach E. The new BMW i4 was just to small and that front end is, well not to our taste when we have always loved the classic BMW kidneys. That said, it was also important to us to support innovation and competition. Because of that we ruled out Tesla. We also felt that going with a Ford would be more palatable in our area. She has a higher profile job and EV’s are not viewed in a positive light here with many because of politics. (Probably too much info there.)

So.. Why the exact configuration?

First, when we ordered ours 3/11/22. They had moved to only allowing you to order the Select and the GT.

A lot of this was about trade offs.

1. She did not want the glass roof. She is kind of a vampire and is not a fan of the sun. We have had cars with sunroofs that never saw the window shade opened up during the day and the windows were only opened at night. She did not want the roof based on the light factor. When we ordered ours, there was no way to delete the glass roof from the GT. We asked the dealer to see if it could be done after the fact and they came back with NO.

2. She liked the seat material in the Select better than the GT. We have an 11 year old and a 5 year old. Suede or faux suede isn’t always the best to have around kids.

3. She liked the comfort options that came with the comfort tech package.

4. We went with AWD because of two reasons: (1) it would make the Mach E almost as quick as her X4 and she loved the performance of that car. (2) We live in a swamp basically and the roads are very flat and if any water gets on them its notice to have AWD or FWD. My Fiat handles it well being FWD. We have had great cars in the past that were RWD but they suffered when it rained a bit.

5. She went with black because she loves black vehicles. Me, love them too but I usually go with dark grays or silvers or other nice colors that are a little easier to take care of. Her BMW was almost black it was a very dark dark blue.

Perceived Issues: We wish we could have gotten the ER battery. We also wish we had the painted wheel trim instead of the plastic. But…nothing to scary.
Sponsored