Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
This is likely good for Ford and for the value of the Mustang Mach E. I'm a big believer that hybrid is the gateway to a more electric future. I believe diversification of energy is good for America, and I'd be thrilled to have gas, hybrid, and EV's on the road. Unless we start drilling more in America, I'm not exactly thrilled to be buying gas from evil dictators. I take my Mach E for short drives to save money, and my Expedition for long drives and/or when I need more passenger space.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford's product line is in transition. From what I understand, the Escape and Edge are being discontinued, leaving the Bronco Sport as the entry vehicle. I think the idea of gas, hybrids and EVs being sold together is great idea. Will buy time for battery technology and infrastructure to improve so that demand for electrification can catch up.

So a future car and SUV line-up could look like:
Bronco Sport - gas and hybrid
Bronco - gas and hybrid
Explorer - gas and hybrid
Expedition - gas and hybrid
Mustang - gas. Maybe hybrid?
Mach-e - EV

Question is what replaces the Escape and Edge. Could see Ford building a small EV to replace the Escape (see European EV Explorer). Not sure about the Edge.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
The important part. The Detroit automaker on Thursday said it will continue to invest in EVs, but it is postponing production of the three-row SUV at a plant in Canada to 2027 from its initial plan of 2025. The next-generation pickup, codenamed “T3,” is being pushed back from late 2025 to 2026.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Unless we start drilling more in America,
FYI, last year the US pumped more oil and oil equivalents than any other country in history. We're producing plenty, theoretically enough to be completely self sufficient, but oil is fundamentally a global product with prices set globally and so always vulnerable to regional wars and the whims of dictators and despots.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Personally I believe Ford needs to get a sedan back into their line-up. Start with a hybrid and then release full EV. I just hope there is some major update to the Mach in 2026 when my Option contract expires. I would prefer to get something new at that point but not if there is not a significant upgrade.

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Yet they discontinued the hybrid for the 2025 Explorer/Aviator. I've been saying for months that Ford needs longer range hybrids to bridge the gap. Ford, hire me instead!

I too would like to see sedans return. Bring over the new Ford Evos, new Mondeo, and new Lincoln Z that the rest of the world is getting

uclavic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD ER
Country flag
I've been a previous owner of 3 Explorers and an Edge prior to getting the Mach E. I was really hoping for a 3 row SUV EV sooner rather than later, but decided that there was no way Ford would hit their schedule when I decided to buy the Mach E in September of last year. While I'll miss the space when it comes to tailgating that's really only a concern for about 4-6 Saturday's a year. So with that said I'm very happy with my purchase. The only thing I couldn't forsee was how much depreciation we'd get hit with.

Hammered

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Ford has made too many poor decisions under farley -- not sure how he makes the money he does while providing some of the worst company guidance there is. They were working on a PHEV F150 based on the current FHEV and then they stopped it because they thought the lightning was going to sell like made after they sent pricing through the roof. They also under-rate the power of the hybrid to make the raptor look like the most powerful F150 version. They're just misguided and need to ditch the boomer.

stealthytolkien

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance
I might be a minority but aside from the usual Mustang lineup and Mach E (I have not driven the Lightening), I find every other car made by Ford repulsive. Hybrid or not.

I have nothing against gas or hybrid cars. I own one for road trips as owning a non Tesla for road trips (or even a Tesla) just isn’t as comfortable as gas and go cars are.

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I'm in for a PHEV Bronco. Gonna put those plastic ramps, a roof tent, some 37's, gas cans full of water, on board air compressor, bull bars front and rear, shit ton of off road LED lights and roll HARD into the mall to get my Potterybarn Down Comforter curbside. Can't wait! I hear it's coming soon.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I wonder if the EV delays are due to market conditions, cash constraints, or technology shortfalls.

Any EV truck or SUV coming in 2025-26 needs to have similar or better range as the Max Pack Rivian R1 platform and charge to 80% as quickly as a Kia EV9.
Sponsored

Last edited: