Every. Other. Day. "Apple CarPlay Not Connected"

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Out of curiosity, which iPhone are you using? I have a 14 Pro and literally never had this issue barring one occasion in my 9 month of ownership so far.

OP
OP
PhillyYa

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium Extended
Country flag
iPhone 14 Pro. I would have the occasional mis connect, but lately it’s just gotten worse and worse.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Where do you keep your phone? I'm using a 13 Pro and don't really ever have any connection problems. I keep mine in my left coat pocket most of the time, so it's about as far away from the antenna as possible without being in the back seat. 🤷‍♂️🐩

OP
OP
PhillyYa

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium Extended
Country flag
I have the T-Wraps charging plate in the center console. I always plop it there.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
iPhone 14 Pro. I would have the occasional mis connect, but lately it’s just gotten worse and worse.
Have you done a proper iPhone reboot lately? Not just a “slide to power off” but an actual reboot? Sometimes that will fix issues like you’re having.

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
I've been having big problems with Android Auto dropping the connection over the past couple weeks too

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
What IOS are you on? I'm up to date and my carplay connects instantly. Used to have this issue a few versions ago

Graybeard

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium XR
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Out of curiosity, which iPhone are you using? I have a 14 Pro and literally never had this issue barring one occasion in my 9 month of ownership so far.
I have a iPhone 13 with iOS 16.6 and can count the days when I don’t get that message! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Bjp mak

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 mach e
Occupation
Yoga therapist
Country flag
Same problem here with Android Auto. Crashes out with my phone constantly, but not my son's and we have the exact same phone Android 13

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
There was a period of time where Carplay support was extremely unreliable and I had to reboot sync every time I connected my phone.

Then an update fixed it and it has been extremely reliable. Any issues I have had since have been fixed on the phone end by rebooting the phone.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have a 13 Pro Max and it connects on the F-150 and MachE at least 95% of the time without issue. One consideration is maybe your Wifi where you are. Wireless CarPlay/AA use wifi for the actual data transfer and bluetooth just for the initiation/proximity.

I would be curious if you have this issue more at home than when out and about. The phone may not be releasing its connection to your home Wifi fast enough for the timeout of the car trying to get it to connect and it throws that message.

If it happens the same amount when you get in while at the store or whatever, where your phone isn't connected, then I dunno.

steveg95

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same here.
Sponsored