Display mirroring or casting on Sync 4 mach E.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I saw that there was an option to connect to car's wifi and cast your screen on the center display. Anyone have any luck in setting it up and using it? Need information on how to.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Display mirroring or casting on Sync 4 mach E. 20210214_185859
Sponsored

Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I saw that there was an option to connect to car's wifi and cast your screen on the center display. Anyone have any luck in setting it up and using it? Need information on how to.
I just got in the car, Connected my phone to bluetooth, and that was all I had to do.

There is a known issue with Andorid Auto. It won't work with the current version. There is another thread on here with a link to the updated version that fixes the issue.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Kia EV9 GT-Line
Country flag
Are you talking about Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto? There isn’t a way to mirror your phone onto the screen.

OP
OP
kgautam28

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I just got in the car, Connected my phone to bluetooth, and that was all I had to do.

There is a known issue with Andorid Auto. It won't work with the current version. There is another thread on here with a link to the updated version that fixes the issue.
Can you share that one?

OP
OP
kgautam28

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Display mirroring or casting on Sync 4 mach E. 20210214_185859

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah that is used for Android Auto. I noticed my phone connecting up to that network when AA connects to the car.

Here is the post about getting AA to work in the car:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...on-your-2021-mustang-mach-e.3201/#post-106863

I noticed, once I got AA working, that the media player app VLC appears on the AA screen. It may be possible to play videos through VLC onto the screen (not sure if wireless AA has the bandwidth for that or not--may have to be wired).

When I attempted it VLC spit out an error on the screen but I only tried it with one .mp4 file and didn't investigate any further.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
no.

not even teslas allow it

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
So - as most folks have mentioned, wireless app projection can refer to Carplay or Android Auto over wifi, but I'm not sure others realize that the car also supports wireless projection of apps directly, outside of Carplay/Android Auto. It's using the Ford "App Sync" or whatever it's called, which now has a wireless option.

I haven't played much with it, as it really doesn't seem useful since we already have Carplay/AA. Waze is a compatible AppSync app, and so when my iPhone is connected to the car, even with wireless Carplay running, I get a Waze icon in App screen (press the middle top button, where your profile is). Clicking on it doesn't seem to do much, it just loads forever. I think I got some kind of permissions error once, but it could be because I was running Carplay and it didn't like that.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So - as most folks have mentioned, wireless app projection can refer to Carplay or Android Auto over wifi, but I'm not sure others realize that the car also supports wireless projection of apps directly, outside of Carplay/Android Auto. It's using the Ford "App Sync" or whatever it's called, which now has a wireless option.

I haven't played much with it, as it really doesn't seem useful since we already have Carplay/AA. Waze is a compatible AppSync app, and so when my iPhone is connected to the car, even with wireless Carplay running, I get a Waze icon in App screen (press the middle top button, where your profile is). Clicking on it doesn't seem to do much, it just loads forever. I think I got some kind of permissions error once, but it could be because I was running Carplay and it didn't like that.
This hasn't worked yet for me. My car just says it can't find any compatible apps. I wonder if you have to plug in initially to get it to work? I haven't plugged in my phone to the car yet since I'm affected by the boot looping when plugging in a usb cable to the car.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
This hasn't worked yet for me. My car just says it can't find any compatible apps. I wonder if you have to plug in initially to get it to work? I haven't plugged in my phone to the car yet since I'm affected by the boot looping when plugging in a usb cable to the car.
Haven't plugged my iPhone in yet either. May play with it some more at some point.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I do wonder if Android Auto disables that feature. I know at one point I tried to just open the phone area of the sync screen, and it just said phone feature is unavailable while AndroidAuto is running and to use AA to make a phone call.

It wouldn't bother me much, except its not even detecting the ford pass app to do the journeys thing. Not that I really need it but just a data point.

I love AA and now that its wireless will use it all the time anyway. But I'd like to at least get everything working.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Update: Ford AppSync wireless apps do work, even when Carplay is in use.

Here's Waze running through AppSync:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Display mirroring or casting on Sync 4 mach E. InkedIMG_0644_LI

It's acts a bit wonky, but works... Don't know why'd you use it over Carplay/Android Auto though.

FordPass is also available as an AppSync app, seems pointless, but it's there:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Display mirroring or casting on Sync 4 mach E. IMG_0645.JPG

One interesting feature is Fuel Search! You know, fuel, for your Mach-E!!!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Display mirroring or casting on Sync 4 mach E. IMG_0647.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Display mirroring or casting on Sync 4 mach E. IMG_0648.JPG

Unfortunately I'm not sure any of those listed would have real "fuel" for my car, outside of maybe a 120V outdoor outlet....

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
can you project video, like netflix?
Sponsored